Experienced iOS Mobile App Developer
Fluffy Spider Technologies is a software engineering firm specialising in healthcare solutions, based in Sydney. We have pioneered firmware for embedded and medical imaging devices and are currently expanding our development of mobile apps and cloud services in the healthcare technology space.
About the Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced iOS Mobile Developer to join our established team, working on iOS apps to be used world-wide in the healthcare industry.
- Developing, deploying and maintaining iOS applications to deliver solutions and support enhancements
- Proactively collaborating with UI designers and clients to solve technical issues and manage expectations
- Taking ownership of technical best-practices, technical governance and documentation
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications
Use your knowledge of iOS app architecture (i.e.; background tasks, notifications, permissions, responsiveness) and strong familiarity with DevOps (i.e.; version control, continuous integration, build & deployment, specifically using the Atlassian suite) to take full technical ownership of your work.
- 3+ years of industry experience in developing commercial iOS apps
- Excellent knowledge of the Xcode IDE and Swift
- Strong experience in back end integration of web-services (JSON, REST, OAuth, SOAP)
- A solid understanding of object-oriented approaches and the MVC software design pattern of developing User Interface applications
- Experience across the full development lifecycle of native iOS apps including publishing applications to the App Store, navigating through the review process, provisioning and key management
- Knowledgeable and comfortable to work in an Agile software development environment using Scrum methodologies
Nice to have
- Experience in developing healthcare and fitness apps using Apple Healthkit
- Sound understanding of interfacing with hardware module on the iPhone – Bluetooth, camera, microphone
- Strong understanding of privacy and security issues of iOS apps and Apple’s policies
- Knowledge of implementing test frameworks for iOS apps
- Working knowledge of Objective-C
- Hands-on experience in UX/UI tools (Figma/Sketch)
Why Join Us
Fluffy Spider Technologies has big plans, big growth, and big passion with no red tape. The small team lets you make a real impact, and internal progression means there is plenty of opportunity for genuine career growth. On top of that, we’re as passionate as our products as we are about making this an awesome place to be.
- Flexible work environment and focus on strong work/life balance
- Awesome culture that encourages personal learning, passionate independent thinking and a collaborative attitude – no red tape
- Professional and sociable team of highly skilled developers
- Accelerate your career with job stability, ongoing professional development and the chance to make a real impact with your work
- Excellent location right beside Bondi Junction train station, with a great view of the city skyline and sea