Experienced iOS Mobile App Developer
Fluffy Spider Technologies is a specialist software engineering firm focused on healthcare solutions. We have pioneered firmware for embedded devices and medical imaging devices and are currently building up our capability of developing mobile apps and cloud services in the healthcare technology space.
We are looking for a passionate & experienced iOS Developer to join an established and growing technology company based in Sydney. We are growing and looking to hire for multiple developer roles. As part of the team you will have the rare opportunity to work on upcoming iOS apps that will be used world-wide in healthcare and security. We have a strong technology and engineering-focused culture with no red tape. The team is small enough so you can make an impact and we promote internally so there is plenty of opportunity for genuine career growth.
- Develop, deploy and maintain iOS applications to deliver solutions and support enhancements
- Proactively interact with the UI designers and clients to solve technical issues and manage expectations
- Take ownership of technical best-practices, technical governance and documentation
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Minimum three years of industry experience in developing commercial iOS apps
- Excellent knowledge of the Xcode IDE and Swift
- Solid knowledge of iOS app architecture – background tasks, notifications, permissions, responsiveness
- Strong experience in back end integration of web-services (JSON, REST, OAuth, SOAP)
- A solid understanding of object-oriented approaches and the MVC software design pattern of developing User Interface applications
- Experience across the full development lifecycle of native iOS apps including publishing applications to the App Store, navigating through the review process, provisioning and key management
- Knowledgeable and comfortable to work in an Agile software development environment using Scrum methodologies
- Strong familiarity with DevOps – version control, continuous integration, build & deployment, specifically using Git and Gitlab
Nice to have
- Experience in developing healthcare and fitness apps using Apple Healthkit
- Sound understanding of interfacing with hardware module on the iPhone – Bluetooth, camera, microphone
- Strong understanding of privacy and security issues of iOS apps and Apple’s policies
- Knowledge of implementing test frameworks for iOS apps
- Working knowledge of Objective-C
- Hands-on experience in UX/UI tools (Figma/Sketch)
We provide a flexible work environment, with a culture that encourages personal learning, professional development and also emphasises on having a good work-life balance. We encourage passionate independent thinking and a collaborative team-based delivery mindset.
Our office is right beside Bondi Junction train station, with a great view of the city skyline and sea. You will be joining a small team of professional software engineers who share a great rapport. You will not be working on dead products for a large corporation, your stuff will be deployed and used.
How to Apply
Click the ‘Apply via Seek’ button.